View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #12
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhorse and MPT...I have my work cut out for me

OK, doing a bit of research on these machines. The Workhorse is a 1200 GLX, 2003 model. The MPT has a missing data tag, but is at least a 2004, as that is when EZGO changed from "Workhorse" to "MPT", Multi-Purpose Truck. They made both 800 and 1200 series Gas models, and a 1000 series electric model. Mine appears to be the 800 series gas model.

The workhorse is missing the engine, starter generator, and who knows what else. Brakes and rear end work...frame appears solid, but i haven't pulled the floor up yet. A little rust on the bottom of the steel box. No lift, but it has the lift mounts. I suspect this will end up being my machine in the end...and it will get an electric actuator to lift the bed, so if anyone has recommendations on them, please, share. Thanks. I am guessing this was an MCI machine originally. I have both MCI and Pre-MCI engines available to put in it...I need to know if the electronics off the engine are different.

The MPT has a Pre-MCI engine in it...I have to believe it was an MCI machine originally. I have no way of knowing if they changed the electronics over from the original MCI set up to the Pre-MCI set up, if there even is a difference. Anyone know? Other than the coil, and exhaust, what else changed?
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote