View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #9
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium Project is a Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurki View Post
Thats exactly what I was worried about. I live in south Florida, so water and mud are going to happen. I thought the batteries needed a bit of airflow, but ill seal it up just like you did.
Airflow/cooling is important but the more capacity you have the less heat buildup you will see for a given amp draw. Basically if you have 10 cells and 90 amp continuous draw they will heat more than 20 cells in a 2P config and 90 amp draw. But I don't know what kind of rise you may see. If it's a degree or two then it's not an issue either way. I just don't know and given we both live in FL where it's 92 degrees outside we need to be cognizant of battery temps.

If you are worried about it, put in a fan. There are a lot of choices at BGMicro. I bought four of these from them today:
http://www.bgmicro.com/fan-axial-40x...l-bearing.aspx
I'll run them from the other side of the solenoid and wire the four in series. So when the solenoid is activated the active cooling will be running.

---edit--- I just noticed every post so far on this thread is from someone living in Florida... Pretty wild
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote