Thread: Big Battery
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 07:00 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Big Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I don’t know about series. But my DS is an IQ. it never really pulls more than about 70 amps continuous at full speed. I have stock controller and upgrade motor. Peak rarely exceeds 150 amps and that’s not often.

That said, I’m not a fan of the honey badger. To echo what VA said, pretty sure that’s a 12S configuration which is less than desirable. And the honey badgers are NMC so not very tolerant of over or undercharging. I believe we had a member here have one of these that the BMS failed and set the cart ablaze so I question big battery’s BMS.
That's good information to know. A printout or data file that has what your cart draws in amps is going to tell you what you "need" when looking to switch to a lithium.

I've attached a PDF file of the amp draw I did back in 2018. IIRC, when I let off the go peddle, there was no power to the controller it that "time frame" and thus no reading of power draw. (Because there was no power draw). In any event, it's a snippet into the needs of what power I need for the "driving in places" that I go.

And this was just taking a ride around my house and "over the hill" and back.

If you look at this file you can see there are several "time periods" that are over a 100amp draw for over six seconds. As such, the battery pack that the OP is looking at would never fit my needs.

Anyway, I uploaded a PDF file so if anyone would want to review it, they wouldn't be concerned of any attached 'puter virus. (At least....I don't think a virus can be attached to a PDF file.....but then....... )
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Controller Data Cart.pdf (171.6 KB, 0 views)
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote