Thread: Big Battery
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 12:46 PM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Big Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Is that the same log you’ve posted in the past? If so you may be confusing battery current with output current. They’re very different in the way that the controller manages the PWM output.

In the chart with the rest of the info you e posted in the past, you can see you peaked at 219 amps but only for a second. You would have only been over this setup’s 156 amp limit for 3 seconds so may not have ever tripped BMS. But I don’t know what the max 500ms or short circuit protect current kicks in at. That 219 amps may have tripped it but I’m not sure about the BB setup specs.

But still with a stock controller and motor I don’t think he would ever get near that.

I’d still opt for something else with the 16S config but for all intents and purposes, for the price it would probably work just fine
I went back to my spreadsheet file and copy\pasted select columns of data. So, I did it again, (see the attached PDF file) and the data is still the same. As for the Battery Current, there are two times in this small snippet of a ride where the AMP draw exceeded 100amp. I thought the "exceed" point was 100 so that's why I have those "X".

The first time it exceed 100amp in a 5 second burst.

The second time (last page) it exceed 100 amp in a 7 second burst, and it exceeded the 219 point in 4 seconds....if you count the initial 219.

And thanks for pointing out it's "battery current" that matters and not (really?) output current. (Albeit for the life of me I can't understand how output current can get there without drawing that amount from the pack)

And one final matter: The data that I've posted was from a ride just behind\around my house, and not where I hunt and use the cart. The hills I climb where I hunt are just as steep as that short burst that starts at 10:13:29, except the distance's are ten to twenty times longer.

My point is that would I have the discussed Honey Badger pack, it's very likely I'd trip the BMS for shutdown. Now, I also hunt in cold (15-30 degree) which is harder on equipment in general. And, should I trip the Honey Badger pack, I don't know what the reset is. If the reset is to plug in my charger.....welp.....being back 2 miles or so in the woods......that's just not gonna happen!!

But all-in-all that's why I stated that if the OP could get readouts like I can get from my Alltrax, then he would be "armed" with the knowledge of what he actually needs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CART CURRENT PDF 2.pdf (206.7 KB, 0 views)
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote