View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Definitive guide for engine swaps? (85 club car)

I put a clone 16hp in a G9 yamaha, used stock generator and clutches. It works just like a stock cart with twice the power. Torque is very good it spins 22s pulling stuff or on hills. It goes about the same top speed with no governor and the stock engine had none either, but gets there much faster. The engine is very low profile you just need to take the stock clone muffler and maybe airbox off it. The airbox on top you can put a tube on and run a remote box, the one on the side is IMHO junk for a cart its just a foam pad with no way to remote it. If I did one today I would get the home depot one they call it a 15hp I think and its priced right. You will need the clutch adapter from CPP unless you can't use a CC clutch on them I don't yet know. The CC I looked at doing the engine is the same look as the clone, while the yamaha was backwards the cylinder went the other way. But this CC is a work cart a carryall, the kawasaki engine. If you don't lift or pull I am sure the 13hp would still have more power than the stock engine and would work fine, others here say they run really well. The larger 420cc is just a 13hp 390cc bored and stroked and likely not 3hp more maybe 1-2hp but has more torque that is nice for more gearing lifted carts have and offroad stuff.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote