View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Good deals are still out there!

On any cart I lift, I always start with a piece of tape front and back with a measurement from the ground for reference. They don't have to match.

On a rear leaf cart I start my lifts with the back first. That is because the spring flip is pretty much a set change without dealing with additional blocks.
Shocks from a chevette are on the way.

Reassemble and put on wheels. Move to front and jack it up level. Measure the back where the tape mark is and the difference is the lift needed for the front. If you started at 20" and it now measures 25" then you need to build a 5" lift for the front.

This is how I do my front lifts for a Club Car. I already have the measurments for Club Car from my daugthers cart so the only change is the height of the vertcal lift plates depending on the rear lift.

I use the old spring/frame plate from the cart and cut the ends off and weld to my lift. It is sitting on there backwards for the picture but will be turned around before welding so the spring mounting bolts will fit.
The top plate has been made to move the front assy forward 1 1/2" to help with potential tire rub issues and will bolt under the frame now using the stock mounting holes.

I found this by accident but shortening the plate for the spring to bolt to gives the spring more room to flex and greatly improves the ride.
I'll get more pics when I install it this morning.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote