View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #10
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ausco rear disk brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
My wife got my the Ausco rear brakes for Christmas. I had a couple questions before I do the install.

1. Do they need anti squeal spray like car brake pads?

2. When I pull the axle to R&R the brake plate/caliper mount does any diff oil leak out of the axle tube?

3. Is there any special tips or tricks to the install not included in the instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine on jack stands and did have some oil leak from the axel. I used a small styrofoam cup pushed in to stop it (recommend in another thread). I also reversed the sides and installed the calipers on top of the wheels to avoid having to cut the cable mounts which block the lower install method. I also took the tip of painting the bare metal part to prevent rusting using high temp caliper paint. The C-clip is a pain to remove and I tried 3 different sets of ring pliers without luck until I finally bent the tip of some small needle nose pliers to do the trick...turned it into an all day job. But they are really nice and you won’t believe the stopping power. The only squeal I notice is backing out of garage after cart has set up for awhile...once moving forward it goes away. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bundi is offline   Reply With Quote