Thread: 2011 LSV 2five
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 06:10 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 LSV 2five

Absolutely correct cgtech. 9,268 RPM was the 28 MPH motor speed. Above 9,500 RPM, a software rev limit kicks in to prevent going any faster, even if going downhill. I have the ability to change it, but I respect the rev limit, so I will not change it. That would be asking for trouble. The max frequency on the 1206AC-XXXX controllers is +/- 300 Hz, which equates to 12,000 motor RPM. The engineers put in a software rev limit for a very valid reason, to prevent traction motor damage.

I have a set of brand new 10.5:1 gears that I bought for the RXV a few weeks ago. I'm not really sure that I want to put them in at this point. If I need to go faster, I have other EVs to drive.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
2five also has different gear ratio than RXV (14.7 vs 16.99). 2five also has a cooling fan pointed at the heatsink of the controller (all rxv & 2five have a controller heatsink with fins from the factory, only 2five has a fan, none have fins on the motor case). with software tweaks the otherwise stock 2five has a (horsepower limited) top speed of "3four". motor & controller heat are a factor. as far as crazy RPMs, when he was doing 28 in his rxv, the motor was spinning at 9k, way fast. due to the rpm concerns, i only set carts with larger than stock wheels to a max of 25mph, i wont do it with stock wheels. so 99% of what Bob said is true.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote