View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 05:56 AM   #1
Beabgunz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 89’ Marathon, new parts, no go.

Hi everyone,
A little background. I came across a dirt cheap 89’ marathon electric. The following parts are new. Controller (reman), solenoid, potentiometer and the F/R looks new, but I question if it’s the right one. Previous owner got some parts. I got the solenoid and potentiometer. I’m running 3 -12v deep cycles on it. I got into it hard. I stripped the motor down, cleaned it up. Tested the motor by jumping it. It turns. I have followed the wiring diagrams that I could find and I believe I’m wired up correctly. Pack voltage of 37v at solenoid, solenoid clicks, no go. I have checked voltages etc with available guide and will post the numbers when I get a chance to write them down. What I’m questioning right now is the potentiometer. The original had one set of wires( black and white) coming out. New one has two sets of wires (black and red). I have noticed on my brothers cart that his F/R switch has a double micro switch on one side and that’s where his extra cable plugs into. I’m lost at this point. Not sure what to check next. Is there a way to jump the cart through the f/r switch to see if it will go? Any advice and direction would be greatly appreciated.
Beabgunz is offline   Reply With Quote