View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #29
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-home View Post
Right, apparently it is a normal rs-232 serial interface. Just the 3 wires to connect, but some other wires have to be shorted at the PC end. Its 9600bps.
The wires to short are the handshaking ones shown here:
http://www.daniel-hertrich.de/rs232/#sercab

4,6,1 shorted together
7,8 shorted

The official cable contains a chip which is an opto isolator. This protects the PC serial port if the controller is broken.
So, who has the time to test this??
Well i just finsihed trying out the pinout.. and its a no go.. well kinda........i crossed the tx and Rx connections like i mentioned before. and i did get some type of reaction from the controller. It was giving me some sequential beeps (and i could hear a realy click inside the controller (not the main contactor relay)), then the curtis software would say "error communicating with controller"....

I tried different serial speeds and settings in the pc control panel, but to no luck. However when i experimented with the different speeds, the controller would give a different beep. some times it was solid.. others it was like beep.. beep. beep....................................... beeeeeep.

Anyone else have luck with it.. .... Or did anyone who used the TTL adaptor, try by switching the rx and tx wires around?

I have my ttl adaptor here, i just finished soldering up the new wire to it.. now i have to wait till tomorow to try her out!
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote