View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #204
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New xct400pds

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Solid information as always JohnnieB. I am not a proponent of squeezing every last rpm out a motor. Generally I prefer to error on the safe side and let the customer enjoy long reliable service which is why I leave the controls set at default 6000 rpm. The cart is already traveling at 2Xs the designed speed now. The ES 76-51 produces all the speed I am comfortable recommending.
Actually, I'm a proponent of maximum efficiency rather than squeezing every last RPM out of a motor, but we do have a different opinion about what the max sustainable RPM is.

For me, the limiting factor is cart speed rather than motor RPM. With a short wheelbase and narrow track, my cart is too unstable to drive at speeds much above 25 MPH, which is about 6200 RPM with my 17" tires. If I had taller tires or a numerically lower gear ratio, I'd still limit the RPM to something that equates to roughly 25 MPH.

I'm not sure if a ES-76-51 would spin faster than 6000 RPM in culli292's cart (42V battery pack, diamond plate floor, rear seat and 20" tires), but it would definitely be quicker off the line and not slow as much on the hills.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote