View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 07:25 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need new a BMS- Need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensidcamper View Post
I did have my JBD/Xioxiang BMS fail but it didn't stop me from ordering it again. The failure was weird. It did cut the power to the cart and appeared the batteries had dropped way too low according the BMS but when taken apart the batteries were real close to the low end set point and were fine. It would not allow me to charge the batteries. I am using the 20A model. I followed Sergio's build. I did have my charger negative running through the B- instead of the C- when it failed. I have no idea if this caused the failure or not. I have now moved the charger negative to the C-. One benefit of this is I can now see the amps going through the BMS as it charges. I have a 10A charger but it puts out a little over 12A according to the BMS. For some reason the Bluetooth range on my latest BMS is a lot further than the first one, even though I ordered the exact same model. I got it from AliExpress which took about 3 weeks.

Just a possibility, but when your batteries get near the low cutoff it may be that when you draw power from the pack, the pack, or an individual cell voltage drops below the LV cutoff. Even though this happens during a power draw....when the "at rest" voltage is above the LV cutoff....the cell may drop below the LV setting....thus causing your LV trip.

This happens with my ZEVA BMS all the time. Well, I don't let this occur a lot as when my pack gets near the battery "knee" I charge it back up and avoid this situation.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote