View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #3
fteti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need to increase speed on 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I hope the dealer did not corrupt your Elite... Rabbit/Turtle switch malfunction is one sign of that. If so, continuing to operate it can permanently damage the controller.

All Elite carts must be reprogrammed with the controller in the cart. The BMS is integrated to the controller. Be aware, the Elite version of the S4 and L6 is a bad design from the factory. It is a 72V cart and motor, running from a "48 volt" type lithium pack for the RXV. Due to the lowered operating voltage, the controller must supply more current to the AC motor to retain rotor lock. This means the motor runs hotter than the same cart running from a 72V lead/acid battery pack. It can be turned up, but we do not want to turn it up as much as the 72V operated version. Turning it up all the way would result in motor overheats and shutdowns. So for motor safety we like to limit it to about 27 MPH.

Bob
Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I wish I had done more research before buying it. We were pleased w/ our old EZ-Go cart and (since we often leave the cart unattended for weeks/months) I had thought the Lithium batteries were going to be a big plus for us.

As far as I know, the dealer didn't modify anything. Using my iPhone speed app, we recorded speeds of ~14mph (turtle mode) to ~16mph (rabbit mode). Not great accuracy from the app, but the range was fairly consistent (range ~13-17mph). I don't need to be on open roads, so 27mph would be much better than what I have.

If the controller has to be programmed in the cart, how can I get someone to do that (or give me a clue on how to do it)? I've read that you travel to certain folks; any chance you'll be in the Charlotte, NC area some time?

Thanks
fteti is offline   Reply With Quote