View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #42
grtskydog
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thinking about going Lithium soon

A word on the SOC for the ECO.

Initially, I would advise keeping your meter on "volts" not %. Apparently, the meter is rated for 250A and above that it loses its "%" calibration...and most of us are running past that with aftermarket controllers. My cart died at "50%" while going to the store. That's on me, since I wasn't monitoring the voltage. Voltage was...let's just say low. The tech at ECO (Noah) said they are working on a new SOC meter that will have a more reliable % calibration. He was also concerned with my range (13 miles when it died). We are going to monitor that with a couple more charges. He said I should be doing better than 20 miles...even with my mods. Felt I might need another battery if it doesn't improve. This was all on my phone on the side of the road on a text chat. Instantly got back to me and we were troubleshooting withing a few minutes after contact.

Needless to say, ECO has shown excellent customer support from my experience so far. I'm glad I made the purchase. They seem to be a company that will stand behind their products. It's nice to see them joining the forum.
grtskydog is offline   Reply With Quote