View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 11:30 PM   #13
smwolf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2020 Icon I40L Review

ATrain,

I just got a 2020 i40L. How did you edit the *.xml configuration file to increase the rpms? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Very nice!!

My 2020 i40L came with 6 Trojan T-105 batteries, interesting yours have the Crown CR-165's. I'm curious if it's the dealer's responsibility to install batteries or something and they just chose a cheaper brand?

I just looked at the motor placard and saw the 2935 rpm lol. I've had mine going at 6800 (34mph) for about a month now. If you hit 25mph, yours is set at 5000 RPM. The MPH is pegged to RPM, just multiple max MPH by 200 to get RPM.

I think these things should stock come out at least 6000 rpm stock...30-32mph is a pretty good sweet spot, too bad they don't because of various state laws saying max 25mph.

The software has a soft-limit of 6000rpm, so that's what they consider "max safe", but I've been told by the factory they've had them running around the shop at 10k RPM. I would NOT recommend that fast though as these things need upgraded suspension and street tires to even have a chance at safely driving at that speed. I just edited the *.xml configuration file that the software uses for the "limits" and raised the limit to do it.
smwolf is offline   Reply With Quote