View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:36 AM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New xct400pds

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I know! I was gonna ask you what u did .... I have an idea but, will have to wait till Sunday afternoon when I can find time to look at this again.
In the original XCT installation, I used the stock PDS solenoid mounting bracket and mounted it in the same place I'd mounted it with the DCX500, which was now in the empty space below the XCT due to the XCT being mounted horizontally at the very top of the heatsink.

What comes to mind is using a couple of longer 1/4-20 bolts attaching the XCT to the mounting adapter and mount a flat piece on metal an inch or so wide and about 6" wide on those two threaded studs, sandwiched between jam-nuts to hold it sufficiently high above the controller for wiring access. The mount the solenoid on the piece of flat metal.

If flattened and trimmed, the bracket I'm now using might work.

----------

I see what might be an air flow issue in the way the XCT is mounted in the picture you posted.

Hot air rises and from what I can tell, the optional fan would be at the top end, blowing downward, against the natural convection flow.

Fortunately, it looks like the fan can be taken out of its shroud and reinstalled so it draws air upwards.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote