View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 10:31 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ GO Electric Cart Clicks but NO movement Forward or Reverse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MChase7280 View Post
1. Hi - I'm having the same problem. '99 EZGO TXT with DCS system.

2. Battery voltages are fine (37.9v) and each battery is at 6.2 - 6.3 v.

3. So, while troubleshooting with a DVM, I'm wondering how in the world the solenoid has battery voltage on each side regardless of pedal position?

4. Anyway, I jacked up the back end, I found this out: For forward, the motor will run when pedal pressed but very very slow. Same for reverse. Wife says it worked great going out to the barn yesterday and when she tried to get back to the house it wouldn't move. Battery charge at that time showed about a 3/4 charge on the meter. I've since charged the batteries. I also cleaned all the battery cables, connections. Any ideas?

5. I see that there are "stickeys" mentioned for manuals? Where are these stickeys?
1. Since this thread is about a cart with a series drive and you have a DCS drive system, the symptoms may be similar, but the problem is likely to be different. It would have been best to start a new thread due to differences in the way the two carts work.

2. A fully charged 36V battery pack measures 38.2V or higher. Your batteries are 97% charged, but that should run the cart.

3. There is a 250Ω resistor connected between the two large terminals on the solenoid to keep the filter capacitors in the controller charged, so you will measure about 3V to 5V less than full battery pack voltage when solenoid contacts are open and full battery pack voltage when they are closed. If you are truly measuring FULL battery pack voltage with pedal up or down, the solenoid contacts are welded and the solenoid needs to be replaced.

4. Many things could cause the symptoms described.
a. Bad controller
b. Bad battery pack
c. Bad cables
d. Bad ITS sensor
e. Bad inline connector from pedal box
f. Bad motor
g. Bad Solenoid
h. Bad bearings
i. Bad brakes
k. etc. etc. etc.

5. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

Attached is the service manual for your cart. Troubleshooting tree starts on page F-9, but the first thing I would check is the battery voltage under load.
What is the pack voltage at rest?
What is the pack voltage when pedal is on floor and tires are turning slowly?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote