View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #22
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: disconnecting backup alarm

Olmanrivah,

Not saying this to single out "people in the sunset of life" because I'm getting there fast, but it's even more of an issue with the "sunset club" due to slower reflexes and response time. Although I've never actually hit something, I've come close a time or two. But my dad, 78 years of age, has. His older CC doesn't have a hint of a buzzer on it. In fact, it doesn't even have a ignition switch. It was hot wired by someone before he had it. He got on that thing and rammed it right into his neighbor's pretty little yellow CC. Yep, his rear cargo rack put a nice gash in the front panel of the cart. If he'd only had a working buzzer on it. Point being that it was only the cosmetics of a friend's cart compromised. My mother, his neighbor, or anyone else could have been between those two carts with he plowed into the other one and crushed their bones like stepping on a roach on the floor. Now, my dad is and has always been a very responsible person, retired V.P., treasurer, and accountant director for Farm Bureau Insurance, but this situation could have been really, really bad due to him getting on the cart and not knowing it was in reverse. Just a little wake up story to get one thinking about the old myth that "it only happens to someone else".
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote