View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2004 DS Charger won't turn off

Wanted to provide an update after a few days of consistency. To recap, for some reason the battery charger stopped turning on when plugged in. Reset the OBC and it started charging. However, it then wouldn't turn off. Over several days, I kept checking on it, plugging it in and checking voltage at various times, driving it to run the batteries down and then plugging it back in.

A few days ago, I went to check on it and it had turned off. Drove it around, plugged it back in and it turned on, charged for several hours and turned off. Have been able to repeat this 3 times so I am hoping I am back in business. I do believe the batteries are weak and possibly had gotten "overly" weak when the charger wasn't running (and I hadn't noticed).

I also read another post where David (TahoeDawg) mentioned a computer on an older model cart charging for a really long time the first time the cart was charged (possibly due to needing to learn the batteries). I am wondering if that could have been the reason mine charged for so long after the OBC was reset. Could the first time after being reset be just like the first time period???

Anyway, charger seems to be okay and OBC seems to be okay. I suspect I may need to replace the batteries soon but all is good for now. Thanks to everyone for their input and help. This forum and you guys are great.
chris1434 is offline   Reply With Quote