View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Camposupt
Not Yet Wild

Default MCI 350 engine has gas & spark but will not run

I am fairly new to the forum and to working on EZGO engines. I have searched for an answer in previous posts but have missed it if there is one. I at least know that if a problem has an answer that the extremely knowledgeable folks on this forum will have it.

I have a 350 MCI engine in a custom built "Model T". It just quit running and I have not been able to find the problem. The fuel pump is working well. I put a new carb on. I replaced the spark plugs. I have checked the valve gaps and they are all at 007 on a cold engine. I know they are supposed to be 004 on a warm engine but since it will not run..... I have 110 lbs of compression on one cylinder but only 60 lbs on the other. I would like to check/set the timing. I can not get the timing belt cover off due to its proximity to the crankshaft pulley. It looks like I would have to take the clutch off to get to the pulley and because of the engine placement that means I will have to pull the engine.

So.... I have two questions (maybe more), Has anyone had a similar problem (not running with both spark and gas and one cylinder low on compression) and has a simple or simi-simple solution and can I get the #&%*! cover off without having to take off the clutch?
Camposupt is offline   Reply With Quote