Thread: O-I_C
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #1980
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default O-I_C

So I recently lifted the front of my cart 2.5” due to rubbing issues and then I ended up with a squat look, not my kind of thing, it was really bad when my two kids hopped on the back too.
So in the past I added a 1.75” longer shackle in the rear and that gave me about 3/4” of lift, that helped a bit when I needed it, but I really wanted another 2” I read a lot and had no luck except for doing a new 3” lift, witch I didn’t really want to do or remake a very long shackle, witch I really didn’t want.
So I came up with the idea of purchasing a set of trailer slipper springs and cutting off the ends and using one or even both to re-arch my stock single cart leaf spring. So I made the purchase, along with a new unbolt set to fit the same application. When I received them I got to it, cut the ends unbolted the leaf pack and mounted them up, started with one (the bigger leaf) only gave me 1” disassembled it and added the second one, all said and done it gave me a solid 2.25”! I did have to drill out a few holes on the old mounting plate to fit the new ubolts.
If your looking to lift the rear an 1” or 2” I’d recommend doing this! All-n-all it was a simple process, it gave me what I wanted and the ride is not even that stiff, I though this thing was going to be super stiff in the rear, but it’s very doable and not annoying.
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote