View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
ridged43
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charger Not Coming ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Glass fuse on the backside of the receptacle. Charger won't come on at all if this is burnt. Could be a weakened relay in the charger? You just have to eliminate the possibility of a bad connection, then maybe jumper the charger relay and see if that keeps the charger on.... also does it have an AC circuit breaker on the charger? Those get weak and pop like corn kernels.

This will give you some areas to work ...
Do you know off the top of your head what the AMP rating of the glass fuse is? I'm 30 miles from the cart but plan on attacking it this afternoon. I could pick up a fuse in case. I had thought about jumping the relay, especially after the second charger does the same thing. If I measure voltage on the charger (cart) receptacle I should be able to see "Pack Voltage there, correct? If I see nothing then probably bad connection, blown fuse or bad receptacle. If I read less than 24 Volts then I know all is well except voltage to low to turn on charger, then I jumper relay. Also, it does not have a circuit breaker on the charger. It does have a fuse link. Since the second charger did not come on I assumed the charger is OK.
Again, I appreciate all your advice.
ridged43 is offline   Reply With Quote