View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 11:14 PM   #4
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Re: High garage temps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart12 View Post
Implant,

It is my understanding you have a charger issue and not a battery issue. Here are my comments:

1. Low ac voltage supplied to your charger makes it work harder and run hotter. Make sure you are not using an overloaded ac circuit where another device is also drawing high amps at the same time. A quick ac voltage test at the receptacle while the charger is running may be in order.
2. If you are using an extension cord on your charger, ensure it is of proper gauge and not unnecessarily long.
3. The heat rejection capabilities (design) of your charger always caused me pause. The off board charger Relion supplied me with in my bundle has an internal fan that runs while charging. It is a Pro Charging Systems, model I4818CH, and has a custom Relion charge profile loaded from the factory. http://pcsdv.corecommerce.com/Eagle-...e-i4818CH.html
You maybe right, I do have the exact same charger you have that came with the batteries, The cart had lead acid before with the Delta Q installed up front and under the front end suspension "not easy to get to". I did change the charge profile on this charger to a generic lithium profile but I guess I need to not be so lazy and change it out to the new charger.

I think I will just bench test the supplied charger first to see if I get better results before I do the hard install.

Thanks for pushing me in this direction

EDIT I just looked up the charger you mentioned and it's not what came in my kit. It also looks like their bundles on line have changed and its stated as "Relion approved charger" but no more info.

Now I have to do my homework
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote