View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 01:21 PM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: U.S. Battery vs. Duracell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
thats why they make Durcell batteries for when you're flipping a cart. A cart that you're going to keep for a while is worth putting in a better battery.
Not necessarily. Perhaps you want your buyers to have higher quality batteries, or if the cart is modded it needs a higher quality pack to run it's best.

Maybe someone just wants to ride the cart for a mile once every 2-3 weeks. Even cheaper batteries last a long darn time when you barely use them.

I recommend better quality for most people who need/want to use the cart on an every day basis or will be covering longer distances.
For the home DIYers around here riding around their own property, I often tell them to go cheap and save the $$$, since they likely won't take very good care of the pack or cart anyway.

JAMoore, Out of curiosity what prices are you finding those US batteries for?
Trojans are the best available in my area of the state, but the prices have gone through the roof lately because of demand.
I needed a set a few weeks ago and the lowest I could find within an hour drive was still $200 each for T875s. I could drive further and get them slightly cheaper, but it would have made a 3+ hour trip to save $150.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote