View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
moss9994
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Problem with my '08 Tomberlin E4

Well I took the Tomberlin back to the dealer. The tech guy at Tomberlin got on the phone. He decided I should drive it with the computer hooked up till there is an error code that comes up.
I took it behind the repair place and drove it around waiting for the error code to come up when it malfunctioned.
After about fifteen minutes still no error code. I am thinking oh great it will never send an error code.
I pull up to a stop sign and finally it messes up and the accelerator is not responding. No error code. Then there is smoke from the back. I get out and smoke is pouring out of the motor. I thought it was on fire it was so bad. Once I realized I could safely stick my hand in to flip the power from the motor I did that. The smoke subsided but boy did it stink.
Well no doubt about it the motor is toast. Of course no error code before the motor burnt up.
The dealer called Tomberlin. The best they could do is send a very "gently" used motor, no new ones in stock and no delivery date when they will get more. Nice.
I am wondering if the controller or any other parts might be affected by the motor going up in smoke?
moss9994 is offline   Reply With Quote