Thread: Throttle Type?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Question Throttle Type?

I am new to golf carts and have been attempting to do some research prior to purchasing a controller. I have a 1997 CC DS, 48 volt with a D377 motor. I believe I am having trouble with the Curtis controller so I am thinking of upgrading to a 400 amp Alltrax NPX4844. On the order application, it asks for "throttle Type." Can someone explain? Does anyone know what I might want to order for "throttle type?"

If the controller doesn't help my problem, then I will think about purchasing a new motor. I can drive all day with my trojan batteries, but after an initial spurt of speed, it quickly dies down to a slowwwww pace. It will go for miles on that slow pace, but the problem is slowwwwww. After reading a lot of stuff on-line, I get the idea that the old controller might be the issue here. It seems like, if I take the foot completely off the accelerator, and then floor it, it will spurt for a minute and then settle down to a crawl. I have the old Curtis 1204/410, 225 amp controller. And someone previously had used a marker on it to write "bad."

So, the original question is, how would I answer the question "throttle type?"
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote