Thread: Throttle Type?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Throttle Type?

Thanks for the advice/suggestions. As you can see, this is all new to me.

The controller: If seems that the one on there now is is a Curtis 1204/410 225am which is 0-5k. Like I said in earlier post, someone has written "bad" on it in magic marker.

Regarding the batteries: Charged them and waited 24hrs before testing them. The total charge is approx. 51 volts. I have not tested them with a load on them. I just moved to Florida so I don't have all my tools here yet. Most of our stuff is still in NC.

Since the controller is only a 225amp box, I have ordered a 400 amp replacement. Whether that helps any, doesn't really matter, since I wanted to upgrade to 400amp anyway. Once I get it installed, I will then take the cart to a shop to have the batteries properly load tested. They are 2-3 years old so they may very well be shot, although they charge up and hold the charge. They also get me quite a ways on one charge, just REAL SLOW.

I am also going to put 22 inch tires on the rear since the current rear tires are bald. By the info discerned from this forum, I will need to raise the rear a bit so they clear. I have some shackles to raise it a couple inches. If all this goes ok and I finally get the old cart running properly, I will then start upgrading it. All I want from the cart is 19-20 mph so we don't get overrun by these local seniors when we are traveling down the road.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote