View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 04:45 AM   #23
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alignment Idiot Award - I Deserve It

If your model has the same steering as the 2015/17 models we have at the golf course then the ball joint and arm is replaceable. I keep a few in stock for this reason and they are also easily bent in a collision. Its not a difficult job either and i am sure you could manage it. Best to to remove the rack and do it on the bench.

Also again if your suspension etc is the same as ours, check the a arms are perfect and not bent at all, also check the clevis (lower shock mount) on top of the king pin as they also easily bend but it cant really be seen without taking them off and placing on a flat surface. Look for doming/crowning around where the king pin thread goes through. One other part that gives tracking and other issues is the steering arms on the spindles themselves. If these are bent upward (common after a front end bump) then it puts the alignment out a fair bit and causes different amounts of thread on the track arms to be obvious. any one of these things can cause either track or camber or both to be out. All the bushes in the a arm, and spring etc need to be good too. I recall you mentioning bushes and some have been replaced, but not all. If i have your issue, i usually replace all parts as a matter of course, but by checking each part, you can decide what actually needs replacing. A good sign to watch for is when you set the track rod ends to equal lengths and put the wheels straight, your steering wheel should be centred. If not, something is bent or worn.

I hope this helps somewhat.

If your model is not the same as ours, just ignore everything i said But in principle, the theory is the same regardless.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote