View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 06:24 PM   #20
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lightbulb Re: Solid state conversion and 36 to 48 volt

Ok so I feel like a total idiot. but what's new.

I made sure which schematic I was following. Apparently i was following both Scotty B's and the Alltrax one. The main difference was the location of the motor wires. once i realized i had used a combination of the two i put away the Alltrax one and made a checklist from Scotty B's instruction schematics.

I broke it down into several parts and which wires should be hooked to where. Some of it was repetitive but it worked out. I used the go pedal, motor, solenoid, reversing contactor, and then the controller for my isolation points.

I did swap some of the motor wires on the reversing contactor. and when I got to the solenoid i realized I had an extra wire from the large post on the negative side of the solenoid to the negative post on the battery pack. Why I still haven't figured out but I removed it from the equation and now it works like a charm. The icing on the cake was the FnR switch was in the correct position (f to forward and r to reverse when switch in that position) so I had to just snap it in place. lol Now I have to finish the street legal wiring and lights install. Hook up the digital volt meter that came with the conversion kit and put the new back seat on and finish putting it all back together.

I want to thank everyone who provided any and all input and Scotty B for the kit. I hope this thread helps someone else in the same boat. piece of advice would be simply just use Scotty's instruction schematic and put away out of sight the Alltrax book so not to mix anything up. - If I can't laugh at myself someone else will LOL
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote