View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: OEM Lights for Yamaha Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slava777 View Post
Just completed installation of turn and stop lights on my Yamaha Drive G29. Luckily my headlights and tail lights were installed by the dealer, so less work for me. I searched entire web and didn't find any available kit for this golf cart model . I decided to use street legal upgrade (ultimate) kit for Club Car Prcedent. It comes with turn signal switch with horn button, horn, turn signal relay and plug, stop light switch, time delay relay for stop lights, etc. The installation requires some experience. The biggest challenge was to install stop light switch since Yamaha G29 was not designed for universal switch solution. I made my own pin which holds brake cable and attached brake light switch spring to the long end. I installed switch by drilling hole in plastic body wall and attached my own longer spring to the custom made pin and stop switch. You can also make an extension to the kit spring.
I did a brake light switch by "borrowing" the switch that sounds the reverse horn, mounting it to a piece of sheet metal bent into a 90 degree angle, and with a hole drilled into it that fits under the bolt which runs through the gas and brake pedals.The pedal just hits the bat handle of the switch, and it's working fine so far.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote