View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuel pump issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpenguin79 View Post
My next thought was the carb but you did state that you put a new one on. Two things. 1. are you sure you have the hoses plugged into the right spot? They might be reversed. 2. If you bought a new carb is it for a 1988 Marathon? Reason I ask is that a 1988 Marathon was my very first cart and if my memory correct the 1988 is a one off Carb that doesn't work with other years and vice versa.

I mean I followed the arrows for the inflow and outflow, so I believe they are correct? I also did the bucket test and the hose that sucks in sucked gasoline right out of a bucket and spit it out the other end pretty good.

I don’t think it’s carb related, because I bought a new carb and also kept my old carb because I never thought it was as bad, just found the carb for extremely cheap. I’ve swapped the original carb and new carbs back and forth and it performs the same way. My cart is technically an 89 but it’s easier to say 88 because it was one of the first ones so everything follows the 88 manual.

I will have to try to remove the pump and put my finger over that hole. It just seems like it would be sucking good there too if it was good enough to suck up gasoline in a bucket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote