View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
Russia
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1984 Ezgo Marathon 36 Volt-Speed Controller?

I have another question regarding this golf cart. This golf cart started wanting to just take off full speed when you push in the pedal or not go at all. If it is not going I can make it go by jiggling the key while it is on and the pedal is pressed, but it does at top speed. The pedal will want to sometimes stay to the floor when I take my foot off of it, but it never sticks when the cart is off and I have checked all the pedal components at the floor and under the cart and they all move freely, so it only sticks to the floor when the cart is on and depressed. I sprayed WD-40/PB Blaster on the components, but there really was nothing it needed to loosen. Could something malfunctioning electrically be causing the pedal to have a mind of its own? FYI, when I first noticed this, I found that the resistor coil was broken, but still allowing the cart to run. I replaced the resistor coil, but I am still experiencing the won't go, jiggle the key, then will go/occasional pedal to the floor problem. Do I need to replace my ignition...solenoid...something else?
Russia is offline   Reply With Quote