View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Charger conversion Post 1996 to Pre 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipi123 View Post
I have 2 powerwise 36V chargers for my 2004 PDS TXT. I would like to convert one for use with my Pre-1996 ezgo. Is there a way to disconect the third wire (the red one) that I believe is the drive away safety that keeps the charger from turning on unless the reed switch is activated. Can anyone help me?
The third wire (Smaller than the other two) connected to the positive Radsok via Reed Switch in the cart's charger receptacle has nothing to do with turning on the charger on/off.
A magnet in the charger's plug, opens the Reed switch, disabling the cart,, so it cannot be driven away while the charger's plug is inserted into the cart's receptacle.

The third wire in the charger's plug connects to the outside of the negative Radsok in the cart's charger receptacle via the Auxillary contact, is how the charger senses battery pack voltage to turn charger on and off.

Attached are two schematics showing three wire (Like it is now) and two wire (Like you want it to be) output cables.
For Two wire, the sense lead is connected to the negative output internally instead of via the aux. contact in the plug.

Hope this helps.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote