View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
wildman1
Not Yet Wild

Default 1974 HD Solenoid

Okay, I have a 74 HD 3 wheeler that I bought about 1-1/2 years ago. I got it running then but it got to where it wouldnt even make a click when I tried to start it. I haven't spent any time with it since then. Today I started working with it and I believe the soleniod might be bad. I know I need to replace the pedal switch because the tabs broke off from being rusted. The cart will still turn over when I use a jumper from the hot on the battery to the post on the solenoid.

Also, the guy I bought it from had made some changes to the electrical wiring and added a toggle switch to start it with, because of that there are a couple extra wires I believe. I have traced all of the wires and everything matches the schematic except for a couple which i think he added because the pedal switch was bad.

My plan is to restore this and would like for everything to look original. I would like to put the right parts on it like replacing the toggle switch with a key switch, replace the pedal switch, etc.

Any help or info where I can find parts or troubleshoot the solenoid would be great.
wildman1 is offline   Reply With Quote