View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 05:30 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 1997 TXT Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02809bristol View Post
Hello, I'm looking for some help in my restoration of a 97 TXT gas cart. I will be doing a ground up restoration and I will be putting a lift kit, and a new clutch for power as well as new paint Etc. Are there any common problems with the engines ? Should I rebuild it? or just check the compression ? I plan on replacing anything worn .

I need some spots to look out for!!
On a 97 one of the first things I would do is check the brakes and cables, make sure those are working right. Also all the frontend componets, ie: tie rods, steering, bearings, king pins.
Does it need a new clutch or is this something you have planned on with the bigger tires? A shorter belt works wonders.
As for the engine, clean filters, change plugs, adjust the valves and change the oil to a good synthetic brand like mobil1(if it doesn't smoke). These engines are quite costly to rebuild so unless its smoking or leaking I would tend to leave it alone.

As for a break on parts cost.... well if you know someone that works for any part of textron, they can get a good discount from ezgo. Maybe you can talk someone into it at ezgo.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote