View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor upgrade with speed code 3?

Unfortunately I don't think it will work with the stock controller. Even if PQ physically eliminates the ability of the motor to go into regen mode, the controller will detect the motor has not slow down and it will either go into "limp" mode or will do some abrupt loss of power on/off.... I experienced both of them while working on my black box.
When I checked about code 4 it was $125 plus 2 trips to the dealer (or you have to assume all liability if the code does not work).
Anyway, I did finish by "black box" project and have been running on it for about 1 month. It will let the cart go as fast as the rest of the components allow, which in my case is about 25mph down hill... I don't have any good flat roads to test around here...
The first picture is the development setup I was using, it is based on a regular arduino microcontroller board.
Since then I received my really small microcontroller from a kickstart project I help fund last year (it is on the end of the USB cable on the left side of the picture).
I ported the code to the new device and removed all of "stuff" I used for debugging. The final setup was so small that I was able to fit into a pretty compact box, second picture.
I made a couple of extra ones, I will let You borrow one and if You want to keep it I will sell it for $90.
I will be curious to hear if PQ can do anything for stock Excel carts now too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackbox-dev.jpg (60.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg blackbox-final.jpg (65.6 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote