View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #33
thbarrons
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Genius System Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicconnor View Post
I'm suprised that with all of today's aftermarket programming that no one has figured out how to hack the PTV upgrade themselves.
Funny this was brought up, I was just thinking about trying this myself as a winter project. I'm a computer programmer by trade and a bit of an electronics hobbyist. I just got a 2011 YDRE, still has the stock Moric controller. I'm a little nervous about trying to exploit the software or modify the logic board on the one and only working controller I have. With all the guys on here who have upgraded from stock controllers I wonder if anyone has a functioning Moric laying around that they aren't dependent on and willing to part with it? If I was able to come up with anything I would definitely post it back here. As far as I know when I bought my used golf cart I didn't agree to any software licensing. It will be curious to see how paranoid the Yamaha programmers actually were, it might not be practical. I can't imagine it really is as simple as running a loop of potential codes as suggested. If anybody else has all ready kicked this hornets nest would love the details for any starting points or just to shoot me down. And certainly if anyone has a donor controller for me to work with, let me know, that probably is the deciding factor on even making an attempt.
thbarrons is offline   Reply With Quote