View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bbq the muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
My favorite fire pit is a washer drum. Here's a Ezgo one in a tub, with a yamaha one just out of the fire in the background. It is shooting flames out the tube from the oil vapors. I don't think much is needed after burning the crud. Shake it around to see if any debris wants to come out the holes.
I just cut the top off mine with a grinder. 1988 ezgo. Cut around the top of the muffler where the exhaust connects to muffler...cut about one inch down and don't go too deep just cut the metal through. Once cut you can separate the muffler from the packing and the inside guts. Replace the glass packing with any two cycle glass pack. That will make it really quite and no more smokey 2 cycle smell. Of course you'll need to weld it back up...just use a mig welder and lots of water so you don't catch the packing on fire...go slow. TIP: to get the packing and guts back inside use some computer paper to line the muffler on the inside...it will help to slide in...I also took some paper and formed it around the lip and sharp edges of the cut muffler...once you get it in and lined up give the thing a little twist around and shimmy up then back down...you should be able to pull the paper back out without disturbing the packing.
jayp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote