View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:06 PM   #15
Vince B333
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2019 Onward Kohler Issues

As I opened this thread with my 2019, I instead now own a 2020 (don't ask). I thought all was great with this one. Low and behold a couple of weeks ago, now the same **** problem surfaced out of nowhere. Happened a couple times and one of the times threw a code via the yellow warning light. Took it over to the dealer and boy was he surprised. He as well as I thought 'they' had fixed the problem. Same code as was on the '19, about evaporative canister and O2 sensor.

Happened a couple more times, so what the hell - let me try something. I removed the black rubber line going from the gas tank to the evap canister. Didn't want fuel to slosh out the line from the tank, so found a place to mount it higher. On the evap side, didn't know if it 'sucks', or just sits there, so in case it sucks - put a fuel fiter on the end of the line just to filter the air going into that thing - in case.

Now - go figure - don't know if it is coincidence or a possible fix, but I've been running that cart all over the place for a couple of weeks and NOT ONE ISSUE since I performed this "fix". Also, this 'fix' does NOT affect the check engine light. That is the light stays off as opposed to it staying on all the time with the O2 sensor wire being removed.

Give it a try - what do you have to lose? That **** canister is only there for CA emissions anyway, and doesn't do a darn thing for me.

Please do me one favor though and if indeed you try this, let me know the outcome. Again, don't know if I just pleased the Club Car gods, or did I stumble upon something good.

Vince
Vince B333 is offline   Reply With Quote