Thread: Speedy Seniors?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speedy Seniors?

Thanks. I noticed that the cart runs real slow on inclines, and am hoping that I can pick up a bit on the hills with the added amperage. I thought that I might pick up a mph or so on the flats, with the increased tire size. They're cheap tires, and I may end up replacing them with 20" if they are too much hassle. I am still learning this electric cart stuff, so there is probably a lot of stuff that will need replacing when time, money and knowledge is available. Since this will be primarily for my wife, I will have to eventually pretty it up a bit too. Lots of good stuff on here. I am amazed at how patient some of the more experienced folks on here, are.

My goal is to increase the speed to about 21-22mph. I don't believe that is asking too much of this old girl. I'll replace the Trojan batteries in the summer, as they are a bit aged and probably not very well cared for in the past. They still hold the charge, but who knows how much strength they really have. Once I get the battery meter on it, I will get a better idea of how far we can go on them. Ideally, I need close to ten miles to a charge. I don't know if that is unreasonable.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote