View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speedy Seniors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
I live in The Villages and have two carts one gas and one electric. I put a high speed rear end in both carts. The electric runs 23 mph and the gas 28. I have speedometer on both and stay in the speed limit but its nice to have the extra for hills and passing.
I put some knobbies on the rear of my CC DS and it seems to have given me a bit more speed. They are 22x11x8 ATV tires, but they are really, really loud and now my wife wants me to put something different on it. I think they look cool, but she says everyone turns to star at it when it comes down the street because it sounds like a truck. And it's electric. I haven't checked the speed by GPS, since I put the larger tires on it, but it seems to be going a couple miles per hour faster on flat pavement. I used offset steel wheels and jacked it up with shackles but couldn't get it to the last adjustment hole. Someone else suggested that it might be due to the shocks. The right tire tends to hit the fender liner on the right when I have my wife in the car with me and we go around a turn at a fairly moderate speed. It will either have to go up some more, or I might go to a 21" tire. She doesn't like the tire noise anyway, so it will probably be the latter.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote