View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 02:21 PM   #2388
ProfessorGT
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: What did you do to/for your club car today?

Another round of thanks to Dave at Revolution is in order! I purchased my Navitas 5KW/600A Navitas package from him and his help and knowledge was superb!

For anyone who is interested, I also modified my R/R shock mount (w/6" Lift & 23s) so that it clears the 5K motor just fine............easy-peasy. Sliced the ear off the bracket, added a 1.25" piece of plate stock and welded it up!

File space limitations here negate attaching a good pic, but if interested PM me and I can send you a pic/template. All it takes is basic welding/fabrication skills. No need to just remove the shock altogether.

Love my Navitas upgrade. Old DS (199 upgraded to an IQ system (FNR Switch, Tow/Run Switch, MCOR upgrade w/accompanying bracketry and pedal shaft/mounts, and a new harness.

Kept the 48 Volt (6X8 FLA) setup for now, in fact one battery just tanked this week, so adding all new FLAs, that I just ordered today (NAPA - DEKA/East Penn 165Ahr), as well as a Summit II On-Board charger.

I want to wait for:
#1 - the price of Lithiums to settle down to reality, and
#2 - for Lithium BMS and charger systems issues to stabilize with better engineering.

Maybe by the time these FLAs need replacement in about another 5 years I'll reconsider Lithium, or whatever the prevailing tech is at the time as an early retirement gift to myself, but for now, tried, true and economical wins the day for me (Got a smokin' deal - no pun intended - on the new FLAs too, so that really helps).

This stuff is changing on an almost daily basis, so we'll see what the future holds, but a 72V setup is definitely in my future. GM's Ultium tech looks pretty interesting, as does what Ford is bringing to market. It's a very interesting time in automotive history, for sure as EVs finally get their due.

You can take the man out of the "HotRod", but you can't take the "HotRod" out of the man!
ProfessorGT is offline   Reply With Quote