View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 02:08 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: MCI engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Nothing but respect for you Tommy. Good info. However, The only factor I can see that hasn’t been accounted for here is that those carts were new when you were working on them. They are 13-18 years old now and not been maintained like they would have been when they were new on the course back then. Add in other wear and tear and in my opinion just don’t hold up as well as the earlier versions. When they run right, yes it’s a sweet smooth running engine. I just don’t think that they were designed to hold up as well long term.

The phrase “they don’t build them like they used to” comes to mind. The Kawasaki that replaced them certainly isn’t as refined and smooth as the robins. But at least you can still get parts for it at a reasonable price.

Just my thoughts anyway
Yes parts for these are getting harder to find but if you know where to look most things are still available for now. The MCI was only built four years so I know the parts for them will soon fade away. I got a few spare parts stowed away .

I am rebuilding two PRE -MCI engines now that I have been putting off for two years. I did buy all the parts back in 2019. The blocks are perfect on both so someone took care of them before I got them.

I also will be honest. I am glad they are the Pre-Mci.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote