View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 04:09 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which Way To Go?

Going higher in voltage should help the Precedent. I am not overly familiar with the AC system of the Navitas so I can assume it'd help, on paper it looks like it should help, but I can't say for sure.

Think of the amount of work the cart needs to do. The work is Amps * Volts = Watts (Work) If you are at 48V and require 250 amps to do something then 96V will require 125 amps to do the same thing. My cart at 48V (when my lithium pack is dead) is much worse performance than my cart at 56V. Even though it's passing the same amps to the motor.

Now there are limitations. DC motors can only accept so much amperage at a given speed. Once the motor is spinning past maybe 10mph (guessing) it gets to where the motor can be limiting the current. But increasing the voltage helps here too. If the motor can only take 225 amps after it's spinning 4,000 RPM then you will see more acceleration and speed holding ability at 56V vs 48V.

My cart will reach about 32mph if I set the Alltrax settings as high as they go. That's on level ground with my 360 amp max controller. In fact, I've only seen a 300 amp draw once or twice on hard accel. What is the max RPM of the PQ Executioner motor? 6000 rpm on 23" tires puts your theoretical maximum at 34mph. If you want a higher top speed you'll need a motor that can spin faster safely or larger tires (or different diff gears). But larger tires and taller differential gears will make it harder to maintain speed on that hill.

You may be in a situation where you need to wait for the stronger BMS options or look for another brand lithium or build your own lithium pack.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote