View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: LED Battery Indicator

Yesterday at Ft. Wilderness I ran the cart for just over 32 miles and the LED gauge finally hit in the red. After bringing the cart back to the motor home and just before charging it for the night the voltage was 48.3. Earlier the LED gauge dropped to the last green LED and when stopped it ran back up to the first green but the actual voltage was 50.4 after I think around 20 miles.

When I was in River Ranch several weeks ago the LED gauge did the same thing, showing in the yellow at some points but once stopped the voltage was still good, over 80% left.

Yesterday my digital volt meter would drop up to 4 volts during running, going up and down with my starting voltage yesterday at 51.7, one hour after the charger shut off. Most of the time my start voltage is 51.3. When the LED was in the red the volt meter would fluctuate between the 48.3 and 44.5 volts while running. In my opinion the gauge really cannot be used as a true measure of battery voltage until you are at a dead stop for a few minutes and even then it's questionable. I do like the actual digital meter reading much better and I think I'm going to figure a way to mount one inside the dash. I had more reading but this is pretty much the way it went.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote