View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 09:13 PM   #1
tofast4u2c
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Picking First Golf Cart Please

Hi all, sorry for the long post in advance but I am struggling to find info from end users. I have driven many golf carts over the years on the course. Some were smooth and easy to maneuver and others wouldn’t track straight or lacked power in a big way. Now that I have a home in a gated Florida community where everyone uses carts to get around as well as playing golf. Only electric is allowed and I wanted a 4 seater. I am losing my mind on which brand is best, battery type, lifted non lifted and AC vs DC motors. Money is not really the issue as buying a new quality product where if needed a MFG would stand behind the product. Since I am only going to be in Florida a couple of months a year for now I thought a Lithium battery would allow for less care when not in service. The Club Car dealer wants to start with a new Onward with DC motor and change out the lead batteries for Lithium. The EZ-Go dealer thinks their Lithium AC motor set up in a RXV is the way to go with less issues and more power then the Club Car. Both think 10” wheels are fine and so do I. Cost is still about 15k for 2022 carts including all the options and tax. I would love to hear recommendations on the two brands and which set up would be best for my low usage with excellent longevity. Thanks Jack
tofast4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote