View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #26
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuel Injected TXT 295cc w/ LS2 Coils

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TXT View Post
When I use the word timing, I am speaking of ignition timing, not fuel timing. As I stated, one tooth setup like yours is fine for fuel only. That was how I ran my cart to start with... but if you ever want to start advancing your ignition timing to get more power, you will have to add a missing tooth wheel.

As to why the Speeduino is more advanced than your setup, it is a long list of functionality, but to sum it up simply, it does fuel and ignition timing.

When do you think you will have your cart back up and running?
I've taken a quick look at the Speeduino code and unless I am missing something, it appears to be doing the same thing with the ignition timing as I am proposing. The difference is this:

My sensor will trigger at about 10° BTDC of cylinder number 2.(This leaves room for timing advance) It will calculate how long it needs to wait until it reaches the dwell angle, then start the dwell, and time out. At the same time it will do the same thing for cylinder number 1, 90° further.

Your sensor is sensing every tooth and running an interrupt every occurrence. It looks to see if the crankangle is less than the programmed ignition timing value, calculates the amount of time until it will reach the dwell angle, waits that amount of time, then it starts the dwell.

The main difference is that you need to update the ignitionstarttime on every tooth because of program latency. I do not have to do that. That's the difference between trying to execute several thousand lines of code, with numerous function calls and many interrupts, and executing 75 lines of code with one single interrupt.

Is that about how it works, or am I missing something?

The motor is currently on a test stand and will probably not be back in the cart until spring.

You will find that you didn't happen to stumble on a forum full of dummies. There is probably an expert on just about any subject, lurking in the shadows. These guys may play with golf carts for fun, but they are extremely smart in their area of expertise.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote