View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #28
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuel Injected TXT 295cc w/ LS2 Coils

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TXT View Post
As to code latency, you still don't seem to grasp the power of a 16,000,000Hz processor - even 10,000 lines of code consuming 5 instructions per line is only consuming 1/32 of the processor in a second - still lot's of processor capacity left.

Even if you use a 4Ghz Intel i7 (4,000,000,000hz btw) and did your timing in 75 lines along with your single trigger setup, you still would never match the ignition timing accuracy of a missing tooth setup and a little ol' 16Mhz Arduino.

This again, goes to my argument: With a single trigger on the crank, how in the world do you know the crank is at 10° before TDC and then at 90° (or any other position)? Sure, if your single trigger is mounted at 10° BTDC you can get that one, but beyond that you are guessing based on the time it took for the last prior full revolution. Again, it can never be as accurate as using a missing tooth wheel to know the position of the crank during the current revolution.
These statements tell me a lot about who I am dealing with. It sounds like someone who is butt-hurt that someone else figured out how to do the same thing much more simply. Eventually, I'm sure someone will figure out how to do it simpler than I did. I will be butt-hurt also, but I will ask questions about how they did it, instead of telling them it can't be done. If I want to learn something, I find it is better to ask questions and listen, than to keep talking and not hear. Apparently you think your setup is the only way to do it. That's just not true, and it won't be true no matter how many times you repeat yourself. I am done here.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote