View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Field map frustrations xct400

Hi all, i'm kind of at a loss with my current motor/controller setup. I have a 2010 G29 with an alltrax xct400 and 4 guage cables. I bought a high speed motor from Electrical Motor Products months ago, and they sent me a field map which Scottyb programmed before he sent my xct. EMP told me the motor could handle 6k rpm. Weeks later, I sent my motor to a local shop (to save on shipping $$) and they installed a larger armature and did high speed banding. They told me i could max my xct rpm limit to 8k after they re-did the motor. I currently get about 25-26 mph, but I'm curious if a new field map would make the cart perform better and/or more efficiently, especially since alltrax did new updates. I contacted EMP (who provided the original map) and they will not help me at all since a different shop worked on the motor after they did. Alltrax hasn't responded to my emails about this situation either. Is there like a universal field map that may improve things based on the limited motor info i have? I hate thinking the current map may be hindering my cart's performance. Really hard to get info on this stuff, so ANY guidance you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote