View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #6
helmuthjr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha 48V stopped running

Ok, I plugged in the reverse sensor and it buzzes as normal when the cart is in reverse. I also received a troubleshooting guide from another site, but nothing was really reading correctly. Not sure if it is me, or the guide.

The batteries read 48V w/ no load. I jacked up the back end of the cart, and depressed the accelerator and the cart still reads 48V w/ load. I was measuring from front end to back end of the batteries in series.

I've also tried to check the throttle stop switch and the throttle position sensor. The troubleshooting guide is asking me to measure in Ohms, and i'm that is where my DMM seems to either act up or doesn't read properly.

To check the solenoid, I measure the two small terminals with ignition in off position and get something like 200mV, but it fluctuates a lot. When I measure the two larger terminals, i get 48V when the ignition is off. I also ordered a new solenoid and replaced it, and it didnt fix the problem.

Regarding the controller, I'm not quite sure what I need to do to test. The controller I have is : Yamaha 48V 290A controller. Item # 13208 from buggies unlimited website. Let me know what I can do to test.

Lastly, in tow mode, I'm able to push the cart around. I also hear the solenoid click when I turn on ignition and also when I depress the accelerator pedal.

Also, how do I check the motor?
helmuthjr is offline   Reply With Quote